CARB TIMING AND WHY YOU MAY BE GAINING FAT
Are you reducing your carb intake but still not losing any body fat? Well, if you don't get the timing correct of the small amount of carbs that you are taking in, then you may find it impossible to shift that extra body fat.
You need to time your consumption of carbs so that they can be used up effectively as energy and not put into storage as fat. The best time to eat carbs is first thing in the morning e.g. oats for breakfast, as your body has been without any energy sources throughout the whole night and needs these, as well as protein. The next time you should eat your carbs should be just before a heavy weights workout or immediately after one. This way, those carbs will be used up as energy, rather than stored as fat. If you eat carbs at any other times to these, they will not be used up as energy and they will be stored as fat.
High insulin levels leads to fat storage, that’s why if you reduce carb intakes at certain times and eat them only at the times specified, you can stop any fat gain, even if you are eating more calories/ in a calorie surplus.
Another thing you must do is eat regularly to keep your energy levels up, but also to improve the speed of your metabolism and overall ability to burn fat. Aim for smaller portion sizes, more frequently. Eat your carbs earlier on and as the day progresses you should cut them out because your body works slower towards the end of the day and won’t be able to process those carbs in the same way – making them store as fat! Don't eat your carbs just before bed or late at night. Make sure you get this carb timing procedure right otherwise you could be headed on a journey of disaster.
How to Shred Fat and 6 Surprising Fat Loss Techniques
Did you know that 1.5 billion of 7 billion people in the world are overweight? That's more than 1 out of every 5 of us! In the western world, this is even higher, I remember hearing recently a report that stated 6 out of 10 people in the UK are overweight - that's just shocking. And even worse, this is continuously growing in number. So far, no country has been able to either prevent overweight and obesity or even maintain weight loss of its population.
Obesity has been declared a WORLD EPIDEMIC since 1997 by the World Health Organization...yes, an EPIDEMIC!
I've listed some ways, that you might not have known, to help you lose fat:
5 Tips for Building Big Shoulders
How to Build Big Shoulders:
1. Your deltoids are made up of 3 muscles - front, middle and rear. Make sure you work all 3. Do front raises, lateral raises, rear raises etc.
2. Use light weights, higher reps on isolation exercises such as lateral raises. Use heavier weights on big exercises such as shoulder press and dumbbell press.
3. Work your traps too. Shrugs and upright rows.
4. Do standing shoulder press as well as seated shoulder exercises. This will focus more on your shoulders and less on your chest. (If you want to learn how to get a big chest, read my post on it here) It is also a much more strenuous exercise which is a great variation on the seated shoulder presses.
5. Feel the burn...mind muscle connection is a powerful thing.
Feel free to leave some comments if you feel you can share any other great tips on how to build big shoulders.
How to Get a Big Chest and Five Mistakes You're Making
I get asked how to build a big chest a lot, it's one of the more common questions I get asked. Most people will think you need to do loads of bench press and a lot of heavy weights, well, that is one approach...but my philosophy is better! Here's what you need to do to build a bigger chest, not only bigger, but better shaped.
Here is what you should be doing; and these are probably the mistakes you are making by not incorporating - I see these mistakes on a daily basis by almost every guy in the gym, it's incredible.
1. Target all parts of the chest - upper, lower, middle, outer and inner. You want to have a good shaped chest as well as thick muscle there, so you must target all parts. Here's how to target each and what exercises you can do:
2. Perform a full range of motion - don't do weights that are too heavy for you and only perform half reps or cheat reps. Lighten the weight, go all the way down and extend all the way up.
3. Slow and controlled - instead of fast and jerky. Really feel the movement and feel the muscles contracting, it's a good feeling and is also one of the techniques used in mind muscle connection. (Read more about mind muscle connection in my article by clicking here.)
4. Mix heavy weights with light weights - you need to work your muscle fibers in different ways to really promote muscle growth. Performing a mixture of heavy and light weights through different repetition ranges will achieve this. A great example of this is doing pyramid sets.
5. Change your routine every 6-8 weeks - your body gets used to what you are doing and begins to plateau and slow down your results. If you change your routine every 6-8 weeks, you will get continued growth and muscle development. Keep your body guessing and keep shocking it.
Ok, so those are 5 big mistakes that 9/10 of you guys aren't doing. If you follow this advice I'm 100% sure you will now know how build a bigger chest in just one or two months. Good luck guys and please let me know how you get on. Please leave comments if you want me to answer any questions for you.
Happy lifting! :)
What is Mind Muscle Connection?
What is Mind-Muscle connection?
I have studied a lot about the brain and NLP (neuro linguistic programming), and I know for a FACT that this works… it’s not just my belief; there’s scientific proof behind this subject now. So what is mind muscle connection?
When lifting weights, or doing strength exercises, it is important to focus on what's called your mind muscle connection. Doing this correctly will turn your results from good to great. Most people know the benefits that positive thinking has on our body and the same principles apply when really focusing your mind on your muscles when working out. I truly believe this is what separates the average from the exceptional. I have applied mind muscle connection for years now… it is something I used to do before I had even heard of it, by really focusing on each rep and nothing else. It is also perfect for people looking to lose weight, or fat loss because when you implement mind muscle connection your brain will recruit more muscle fibers, therefore exert more energy and burn more calories.
Mind muscle connection is ideal for people looking to build muscle, shape muscle, lose weight, lose fat, get ripped — it will be positive for anybody to use.
Benefits of Mind Muscle Connection:
How to Implement Mind Muscle Connection
The mind is a muscle, the more you practice something, the easier it becomes. As it does with your muscles and muscle memory, your brain also performs in much the same way. The more you focus on something, the more your synapses (signals) in your brain will fuse together. The stronger the fuse, the easier the thought process becomes and soon it will just become natural to implement mind muscle connection with each and every workout!
The mind muscle connection is what separates the best from the rest!
I look forward to hearing all about your experiences and results. Good luck guys and girls. Please comment below if you have any questions :)